London Value Investor Conference, 22nd May, Featuring Mason Hawkins and Don Yacktman
April 7, 2014 by Tobias Carlisle
London Value Investor Conference, 22nd May – features Mason Hawkins and Don Yacktman
The London Value Investor Conference, which is Moderated by Richard Oldfield and David Shapiro, will take place on Thursday 22nd May at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in Westminster, London. The Conference will feature well known investors such as Mason Hawkins, Don Yacktman, Mason Morfit and Jon Moulton. As an introduction this conference, please find a video of Michael Price’s 42 minute presentation from May 2013 below:
At the 2014 Conference, the following speakers will provide valuable insights in to their methods and approaches as well as giving specific investment ideas:
- Mason Hawkins – Chairman and CEO of Southeastern Asset Management with $34bn AUM
- Don Yacktman – President and Co-CIO of Yacktman Asset Management with $28bn AUM
- Mason Morfit – President of ValueAct Capital, recently appointed Directors of Microsoft
- Jon Moulton – Founder of Better Capital; previously founded Venture Capital firm Alchemy
- David Samra – Founding Partner of Artisan Partners, recently named Morningstar International Stock-Fund Manager of the Year 2013
- Aled Smith – Manager of the M&G Global Leaders Fund and the M&G American Fund
- Richard Rooney – President and CIO of Burgundy Asset Management
- Tim Hartch, Fund Manager at Brown Brothers Harriman
- Charles Heenan, Investment Director at Kennox Asset Management
- Andrew Hollingworth, Founder of Holland Advisors
- Jonathan Mills, Founder of Metropolis Capital
- Philip Best and Marc Saint John Webb, co-Fund Managers at Argos Investment Managers
A key feature of the conference is the 10-15 minutes dedicated to audience Q&A which is led by Richard Oldfield of Oldfield Partners and David Shapiro from Towers Watson.
There are only 8 weeks to go until this conference and for a short time you can get a discount by using “GREENBACKD-22MAY” when booking (expires 17th April 2014)
This will also be a unique networking opportunity as this conference is the largest gathering of value investors in Europe, we expect there will be 400 paying delegates present this year.
Disclosure: I receive a small fee for the sale of tickets to the London Value Investor Conference.